Nurture Provision- The Sunshine Room:
Our ‘Sunshine Room’ was awarded the prestigious Marjorie Boxall Quality Mark Award in November 2016. It is staffed by an accredited teacher and assistant.
The’ Sunshine Room’ provides a safe, secure environment. It has a kitchen and living area, a work area and a well- resourced play area.
We aim to provide a ‘Home from Home’ experience, working closely with parents and carers and supported by Outside Agencies.
As a Nurturing School, we aim to embed a nurturing culture which enhances the teaching and learning for our children, and helps children to learn to behave appropriately, to use their curiosity constructively, to improve their self-esteem and develop confidence, through forming close and trusting relationships with adults.
We address the emotional needs and development as well as academic learning.
Nurture UK define the six principles of Nurture as:
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- The importance of nurture for the development of self-esteem.
- Language is a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- The importance of transition in children’s lives
Look what our Nurture Group have been getting up to so far this year!